Friday, May 16, 2014

Trying

I am trying so hard to process through everything.  This sounds absolutely absurd but... I can't feel sad.  Sadness is a feeling I don't feel.  If I feel like I need to cry I have to watch like an ASPCA commercial or watch Marley and Me.  I don't do sad.  I don't cry.  I want to feel sad.  I do. Really, I am listening to all my songs that make me sad and wanting, wishing, waiting for tears to come and they just aren't there yet.  Not yet.  OK I just shed a few.  All I can do is keep apologizing to Nick for being awful and worthless.  I feel like I give nothing to this house or life.  Ugh, in my mind I know that is not true but I seem to think otherwise.  It't completely ridiculous but all I feel like I should to is apologize to people.  My friends, my family, Nick, Lydia.  Everybody.  I feel like I am such a burden to bear because of all my baggage I have.  I totally overcompensate in my parenting with Lydia.  I constantly apologize to Nick for nothing at all.  I feel overly guilty for relying on help from my family.  I should be able to do all of this on my own but I can't.  I simply can't.

It is so incredibly hard for me to accept I can't do this on my own.  I need people.  I am in desperate need of the people who love me and WANT to be there for me to hold me up when I can't stand.  Right now, I am barely standing.  Barely keeping my head above water.  Nevertheless, teaching 18 kids, having a 3 year old, a house to clean, 3 kittens to care for, 2 dogs, and a sick boyfriend who has been working 13 hour days.  I feel awful and terrible because my parents offered to take Lydia tonight and tomorrow night.  Tomorrow night was scheduled due to a work party for Nick but  because of my week this week, mom offered to keep her tonight. Just in case I needed a break.  I do need a break, so bad.  I can hardly care for myself let alone mini me.  It just pains me to think that I can't even handle taking care of my own child at this time.  Like I am passing her off on my parents.  I just can't right now.  And it kills me.  I feel like such a terrible mother.

I know, ridiculous right? Really, she loves spending time with my parents and if I am feeling so off she is better off with them.  It's all good.  I know this but why do I feel so bad about choosing this?

Ugh, this was going to be a short and sweet little thing about a song... The song that is "Jameson's song".  We played it at his funeral and it just captures everything.  But here I am crying and writing and ya.  That's progress right?

OAR "James"

2 comments:

  1. Cara,
    Keep in mind that God has strategically put,people in your life that know, understand and are willing to,help you. You should never feel bad for needing a break. In the end it makes you a better mommy. I hope you know that you are truly an amazing person with this light the room personality. Keep pushing thru. I'm here if,u need anything. Play date for the,girls if you want soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cara, I think you and I should just talk sometime. We have more in common than you know.

    ReplyDelete